The fifth edition of the American Psychiatric Association's (APA) diagnostic "bible" – the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual for Mental Disorders (DSM) – is due out in May 2013. DSM-5 contains an ever-expanding list of mental illnesses, along with detailed criteria that psychiatrists and other mental health professionals use for making diagnoses.
How To Make Golden Turmeric Milk - Dr. Arjan Khalsa shows us how to make an amazing healing recipe with turmeric, one of her favorite all-time, multi-talented remedies for many different ailments.
As much as you may try to ignore it, you cannot separate your wellness from your emotions. Every feeling you have affects some part of your body, and stress can wreak havoc on your physical health even if you’re doing everything else “right.” The classic definition of stress is “any real or imagined threat, and your body’s response to it.” Celebrations and tragedies alike can cause a stress response in your body.
Taking care of your body is important, right? You probably eat the right food, do enough exercise, use organic skin care... But there’s another way to keep your body and mind healthy too. And you don’t even have to get out of bed to do it!
By Dr. Mercola You’ve heard it all before... exercise can help you lose weight, help prevent diseases like diabetes, heart disease and cancer, and help you live to a healthy old age -- all spectacular benefits that are well worth a bit of sweat and exertion.
Caring for your mouth is a great place to start to reduce your risks of developing oral cancer, but your diet also plays a big role. Getting your diet in check actually helps you maintain a regular dental health routine--and there are some foods you should pay closer attention to than others.
Caring for your mouth is extremely important for your oral health as well as your overall health, especially in the wake of recent links between oral health and heart disease. Taking a holistic approach to oral care is a decision some make, but how do you care for your mouth holistically?
Largely through her own words and those of her mother, Penny, this week’s Feature tells the story of Emma Golledge, whose most challenging journey began many years after she beat childhood leukaemia with the help of some excellent mainstream care.
We all know about the obese epidemic, it effects some of us but if you're lucky, not all of us. Unfortunately, the people who don't face the difficulties of fast food and obesity are a minority. I've done a lot of research as to why this is happening, mainly watching a lot documentaries on youtube. I
Researchers from UCLA's Geffen School of Medicine have determined that consuming a milk fermented with probiotics changes the brain activity of women.
Since the beginning of time, man has searched far and wide for the fountain of youth—the mystical elixir said to keep you eternally young. And while such a thing may not exist, science is honing in on the keys to slowing the ageing process. Experts believe that only around 30% of ageing is genetic; the other 70% depends on the choices we make. If you plan to stay forever young, follow these 22 unusual tips to maintain vitality and vigor.