Is MY Child at Risk for Vaccine-Injury?
By Marcella Piper-Terry of Vax Truth.org
“Vaccines are safe.”
“The science is clear. For the majority of the population, vaccines are safe.”
“No medication is safe for 100% of the population. What we know is that there are rare instances where vaccine-injury occurs, but for most people, vaccines are safe.”
All of the above quotes are things we hear repeatedly in the media. Yet, we know that in some cases, vaccines do cause autism, and other serious injuries, including death. The U.S. Government has awarded more than 3 Billion Dollars to families of vaccine-injured children, including many children who developed autism after vaccination.
For parents and prospective parents, a very relevant question is, “What might make my child more likely to have a serious adverse reaction to vaccines?” Every parent should be able to ask this question. It is a reasonable expectation that the government which “mandates” vaccines for 100% of children born in the U.S. would also be concerned about which children may be more likely to be harmed by such a mandate. Unfortunately (for us), the U.S. government agencies who are in charge of investigating this stuff just really couldn’t give a rat’s you-know-what about whether or not your child might be more vulnerable to vaccine-injury. That’s why it is up to you to investigate prior to vaccination, and to make informed decisions about whether or not vaccines are advisable or safe for your particular child. Those decisions should be made based on your own family history.
You should know that the U.S. government has decided that if your child happens to have certain genetic predispositions and/or environmental exposures, which make him or her more vulnerable to serious vaccine-injury (including autism and death), that’s just your tough luck. It’s survival of the fittest.
In the 2004 publication, “Immunization Safety Review: Vaccines and Autism” from the Institute of Medicine (IOM) it is stated on pages 11-12 of the Executive Summary that research (funded by your tax dollars) is NOT TO PURSUE the identification of “susceptible groups.” The reason for this is because the government has made the decision that is is most important to protect the general public from infectious diseases. The government has also decided that it is most important to protect the vaccine-manufacturers, who have been granted complete immunity from liability if their vaccines happen to kill or permanently injure your child.
You might find it interesting (as I did) to know that the IOM issued their mandate “DO NOT DO THE RESEARCH” within a mere matter of months after Frank DeStefano delivered a presentation to the IOM about the findings of a particular study performed at The CDC, which showed an increased risk (236% increased risk) of autism to African-American males vaccinated with the MMR vaccine prior to 36 months of age. Sometime after that meeting and prior to when the paper went to publication, according to one of the principal authors of the study, the decision was made (under pressure, according to Dr. William Thompson) to eliminate the data that identified the increased risk, alter the study protocol, and publish the paper saying there was no increased risk. This whole episode is what has come to be known as “The CDC Whistleblower Issue.” Dr. William Thompson is “The CDC Whistleblower” and he issued an official statement through his attorney (who specializes in “Whistleblower Law”) on August 27, 2014, stating what happened, and also stating his regret about his participation in the fraud.
As I have written previously, what people need to understand is that the elimination of data regarding increased risk of autism to African-American boys in metro Atlanta does not just affect African-American boys in metro Atlanta.
Science is never “settled.” By definition, science is always evolving. The goal of scientific inquiry is NOT TO SHUT DOWN FURTHER INQUIRY.
The goal of research is to open up further inquiry. When researchers FIND something, they are SUPPOSED to report it. They are also supposed to pursue and encourage others to pursue further research to determine:
- if their findings are replicable (if other researchers find the same thing), and
- if their findings apply to other groups in different situations
What does that mean, when it comes to your child?
If the researchers involved in the 2004 DeStefano et al paper had reported their findings and if further research had been done as it should have been, we would have seen studies looking at increased risk of autism from MMR administration in children living in the Midwest, and living in Appalachia, and living in Texas, California, Alaska, and New Jersey. We would have seen follow-up studies evaluating increased risk of autism from MMR in populations with a large percentage of Latino children, and Asian-American children, and maybe even Somali immigrant children in Minnesota. We should have also seen follow-up research investigating DTaP vaccines in these groups, and combinations of vaccines in these groups, and how things differ between groups who are vaccinated exactly according to the CDC’s Childhood Vaccination Schedule, and among those who are not vaccinated at all, and among those who are partially, or “selectively” vaccinated.
That’s what SHOULD have happened. But it didn’t.
I know. You might be thinking I’m just a conspiracy theorist. After-all, many people refer to this is an “anti-vaccine” website.
Meet Dr. Bernadine Healy:
Dr. Healy had some very important things to say about the vaccine-autism question in a 2008 interview with Sharyl Attkisson, on CBS News. Watch the video:
The take home message here is that YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE for your child’s health care. You are also responsible if something happens to your child as a result of following The CDC’s Childhood Vaccination Schedule. Vaccines are the only medication that our government “recommends” (mandates) for 100% of children, while simultaneously refusing to protect families if those vaccines cause serious injury or death. We are on our own.
So… It is important for us to know what factors may cause our children to be more vulnerable to vaccine-injury. Yesterday morning, I conducted an informal poll. At 7:00 (CST) I posted the following Facebook status:
I am conducting research. If you or your child has had a vaccine-injury, what do you think may have contributed to making you or your child more vulnerable?
You guys are the experts in your family history.
For me, things that contributed are:
- Strong family history of autoimmune thyroid disease;
- Multiple amalgam (“silver”) fillings (in me);
- Dad in the military (high vaccination rates);
- Previous exposure to lead (from living in older homes, renovation);
- Living near freeways in Southern California;
- Previous miscarriages, clotting problems;
- MTHFR, COMT, VDR & CBS mutations;
- Recurrent strep throat and tonsillitis (chronic) in me (mom);
- Rh negative blood type in mom & RhoGAM injections in pregnancy;
- Previous adverse reaction to vaccines in mom (me)
I have asked this question previously, and at that time I received 108 responses in a five-hour period.
Since yesterday morning, I have received an additional 201 responses.
Many of the respondents indicated they had the same predispositions as those I believe to be factors in my daughter’s vaccine-injury. Others left comments indicating they believed other factors were involved in their children’s vaccine-injuries. I collected everything.
Here are the results, reported in order, from most frequently reported to least frequently reported:
- Multiple amalgam fillings (in the mother): 153 of 309 responses (49.5%)
- MTHFR genetic mutations identified (by laboratory analysis): 106 of 309 responses (34%)
- Strong family history of autoimmune thyroid disease: 88 of 309 responses (28.5%)
- Previous adverse reaction to vaccines (in mom): 79 of 309 responses (26%)
- Chronic strep, tonsillitis, bronchitis, sinus infections in mother as a child: 79 of 309 responses (25.5%)
- Strong family history of autoimmune disease other than thyroid disease: 78 of 309 responses (25%) – (specifically mentioned: Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes, Lupus, Multiple Sclerosis, Crohn’s Disease, Celiac Disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Eczema, Allergies)
- Rh- factor in mother and RhoGam injection during pregnancy: 65 of 309 responses (21%)
- Parent in the military: 61 of 309 responses (20%)
- Previous exposure to lead: 57 of 309 responses (18.5%)
- Previous miscarriage, history of clotting problems: 56 of 309 responses (18%)
- Antibiotics given to child at birth or early infancy: 35 of 309 responses (11%)
- Mother’s diet high in GMO foods: 28 of 309 responses (9%)
- Living near freeways: 24 of 309 responses (8%)
Other factors that were mentioned specifically by respondents included the following:
- Environmental exposures to chemicals, pesticides and heavy metals (e.g., lived on or near farms, lived near coal burning power plants, worked in health care and received yearly flu vaccines, worked in dental office)
- Flu shot in pregnancy
- TDaP in pregnancy
- Antibiotics in pregnancy
- Rubella vaccine while breast feeding
- Sulfa allergies in mom
- High incidence of alcoholism, bipolar, schizophrenia, autism, ADHD diagnoses in family
- Giving Tylenol before and after vaccines
- Lyme disease
- Pitocin (induced labor)
- Multiple ultrasounds
- Family history of cancer (immediate family)
- Traumatic birth
- Premature, low birth-weight
- Mold exposure
So, there you have it.
What does this mean?
Well… First of all, I have to say that there are some problems inherent in this informal poll. This is not a random sample. This data was collected from parents who are friends of mine (or friends of friends) on Facebook. These parents have children who have suffered vaccine-injury. They have likely been doing their research for a while, and they are more likely than the general population to respond to my request for data. This data has not been compared with data from families in the general population whose children have not suffered significant vaccine-injury, or who do not report their children as having suffered from significant vaccine-injury.
You may choose to discount this information because it is not published in a respected peer-reviewed medical journal.
You may choose to discount this information because it was collected via social media.
You may choose to discount this information because you don’t like me.
Whatever your reason for discounting this information, please remember this…
It’s the best we got. It’s all we have.
The government will not collect this information and they will not report on what factors may increase your child’s risk of serious vaccine injury. The researchers at the CDC have been instructed specifically, “DO NOT LOOK.”
Are your kids and your future kids at increased risk?