Beetroot Apple and Turmeric Soup
Add small prawns for additional protein. Add 1-2 tsbp of coconut oil and gelatin to each serving.
4 large organic beetroot, peeled and chunky chopped
2 large stalks organic celery, chunky chopped
2 large organic apples, peeled, deseeded and chunk chopped
1-2 litres homemade broth
200ml / ½ tin organic full fat coconut milk
1 tbsp organic turmeric powder
1 tsp organic ground cumin
1/4 organic ground cinnamon
½- 1 tsp sea salt
Juice of 1 organic lemon
1 tbsp organic coconut oil
1. Heat a large stock pot on a medium heat, and then add the coconut oil.
2. Once melted add the spices and stir. Now add the beetroot, apple and celery chunks, stir thoroughly to coat in the spices.
3. Add the broth, turn up the heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and leave at a slow simmer for around 20minutes or until the veggies are soft.
4. Cool slightly before blending to a smooth consistency in a food processor or with a hand held blender.
5. Return the mixture to the pan if needed and add the coconut milk, lemon and sea salt. pop the heat back to medium and leave for a few minutes to allow the coconut milk to mix in, stir then remove from the heat and serve.