No Bake Pumpkin & Butternut Spiced Pie
Prep Time: 30min Cook Time: 2-3hrs to set
Ingredients serve 6-8
¼ – ½ small organic pumpkin or crown price squash, peeled, chunky chopped and boiled
½ small organic butternut squash, peeled, chunky chopped and boiled
½ tsp organic cinnamon powder
½ tsp organic all spice powder
½ tsp organic ginger powder
1 tbsp organic raw honey
1 400ml tin full fat coconut milk
2 tbsp Great Lakes gelatin non hydro
A dozen or so organic raw pecans
1. Boil the pumpkin and squash in filtered water until soft, drain well, then puree in a food processor.
2. Heat ¾ of the coconut milk until just simmering, add the spices and honey and stir. Turn off the heat.
3. Add the gelatin to the last ¼ of cold coconut milk, it will thicken to a paste very quickly. Pour into the warmed milk and whisk until dissolved.
4. Add to the pureed pumpkin and squash and whizz again to combine.
5. Line the bottom of a loose bottomed round baking dish with baking paper. Set the dish on a plate, then pour the mixture into the dish. Pop in the fridge to set.
6. About half way through its setting top decoratively with the pecans then retrun it to the fridge to finish setting
7. Once set remove and cut into slices topping with a blob of coconut whipped cream if you desire!
Health & Nutrition Specialist – Personal Cookery Coach
CHEK HLC Il, CMTA ll, Nutrition & Functional Medicine Advisor, Author