30 BLOGS WITH TIPS HELPING KIDS STAY ACTIVE
When paired with a nutritious, wholesome diet, an active lifestyle that includes plenty of exercise is one of the most effective ways of treating and preventing childhood obesity. These thirty blog entries are dedicated to various methods of combating the sedentary lifestyle that seems to be the new normal for American children, helping you to get the youngsters in your household on track to good health.
Limiting Screen Time
While there’s no doubt that the technological advances that have taken place over the course of the last generation have dramatically improved the quality of life and convenience for most people, it’s also caused more and more of kids’ activities to be centered around a screen that they sit in front of, rather than interacting with the world around them and exerting themselves. These five bloggers tackle the sticky subject of screen time, offering practical suggestions and reasons why you should look into reducing the amount of time your own children spend in front of the television, computer or with a mobile device in their hand.
- 5 Parent-Tested Tips to Limit Kids’ Screen Time
- Parental Enforcement, Exercise Help Kids Cut ‘Screen Time’
- More Experts Weigh in on Limiting Kids’ Screen Time
- Reduce Screen Time and Get Active
- It’s Time to Limit Children’s Screen Time
Encouraging Active Play
Parents can make every effort to limit their kids’ screen time, but it makes little difference if that time is spent quietly sulking until those devices are returned. These five blog entries offer some valuable advice on how to best encourage your kids to get out and be active, along with the health benefits of helping them do so.
- How Do You Encourage Active Play In the Winter Months?
- What’s Your Advice for Increasing Kids’ Active Play Time
- Youth Sports Weekend: Active Play at Home
- The Importance of Active Play for Toddlers
- Got Kids? Just Add Play!
Active Game Ideas
In addition to mining your own childhood for the games and activities you participated in, you may have to be prepared to offer some suggestions and ideas for active games that kids can play. These five blogs are packed with game ideas that will get your kids off the couch, but also help to ensure that they’re actually having fun in the process.
- Active Game Ideas for Kids
- Active Outside Games
- 9 Backyard Games for Kids
- Active Game Ideas For Kids
- Fun and Active Game Ideas
Many parents swear by organized sports, citing the social and psychological benefits as well as the physical activity aspect. Others are more skeptical, fearing the prospect of injury and the idea of instilling an overly-competitive set of ideals. These five blog entries are centered around the concept of youth participation in organized sports, and can help you make the best decision for your child.
- New Guidelines for Kids’ Participation in Organized Sports
- Signing Kids Up for Sports
- The Many Benefits of Organized Sports
- The Role of Organized Sports in Your Child’s Life
- Organized Sports Could Help Give Your Daughter A Self-Esteem Boost
Kids’ Exercise Regimens
When kids are naturally active and are encouraged to spend time engaging in explorative play, they typically don’t need to be placed on a dedicated exercise regimen. However, kids that are struggling to lose weight or not inclined to be physically active during play time may need an extra boost. These five blogs discuss exercise regimens for kids, offering valuable tips and advice for making the process an enjoyable one.
- Fitness Programs for Kids and Teens
- Kids Exercise Programs – Strength Training & Cardio Fitness
- Exercise Programs for Obese Children
- Finding Your Child’s Inner Athlete
- Strength & Conditioning for Kids: How and Why?
Physically Active Play as a Family
Taking a “do as I say, not as I do” approach to fitness isn’t likely to be very encouraging or conducive to change in your household, as children do model much of their behavior after what they observe from the loved and trusted role models in your life. These five blogs offer plenty of hints on how to get involved with your kids during physically active play, helping your spend more time together while maintaining your health together.
- Make Family Time Active Time
- Make Physical Activity a Part of Your Family’s Routine
- Make Family Time Active Time
- Increase Your Family’s Physical Fitness
- Physical Activity – Family Physical Activity Plan