30 BLOGS ON PREPARING FOR CHILDBIRTH
Making a Birth Plan
Your birth plan is a list of conditions that will ideally be met by your midwife, obstetrician and the hospital staff, and is something that you’ll have to work on together in order to ensure that the things you want are feasible and can be managed without incurring major risks. You should have a basic idea of what you do and do not want to happen during your birth, which is why these five blog entries are valuable sources of information regarding the birthing process and how birth plans work.
- Making a Hospital Birth Plan
- Preparing for Birth: Birth Plans
- Make a Birth Plan, But Hold On to It Loosely
- Creating a Birth Plan Part 1 – Before We Begin
- Home > How to Make a Birth Plan
Doulas are women whose careers are dedicated to acting as advocates and assistants for laboring mothers. While not all moms-to-be choose to work with a doula, there are also those who wouldn’t dream of delivering their child without one. These five blogs are dedicated to the doula’s role in labor and delivery, with information that can help you decide whether you do or do not want the services of a doula attending your birth.
- Doulas: Should you Hire a Labor Coach?
- Having a Doula: Is a Doula for Me?
- Blog Carnival Round-Up: What Did Your Doula Do for You?
- Doulas: Exploring a Tradition of Support
- Doulas – Pros and Cons
Packing Your Bag
It’s wise to have your hospital bag packed and ready to go before you go into labor, so that you’re not scrambling for the things that you need while managing the pain of contractions and the excitement of impending parenthood. These five bloggers offer some practical advice regarding what you should include in that bag, helping you to make sure that you have everything you need for the most comfortable and convenient birth possible.
- What to Pack in Your Hospital Bag
- 12 Items to Pack for Childbirth in Hospital
- Packing for the Hospital or Birth Center
- Preparing Yourself for Childbirth: Packing Your Hospital Bag
- Moms Say: Top 12 Things to Pack for the Hospital
While there are a variety of pregnancy diets designed to help moms and their unborn children get all of the nutrients they need while Baby’s growing, many moms are surprised to learn that there is also a diet suggested by some for mothers in preparation for labor. The guidelines, hints and tips regarding pregnancy and delivery diets are contained in these five blog entries, and can help you make the right nutritional decisions for you.
- Get a Head Start on a Healthy Pregnancy
- Healthy, Natural Pregnancy: Preparing for Labor
- 7 Tips to Prepare You for the Marathon of Labor
- How to Prepare Your Gut and Birth Canal for Pregnancy and Birth
- Building Stamina for Labor
Like the issue of vaccination, the issue of home birth is hotly debated by both supporters and detractors and is, ultimately, your decision. If you are considered a good candidate for a home birth and have chosen to deliver at home rather than in a hospital, these five blog entries are dedicated to helping you prepare for your special day in your own way.
- Preparing Your Nest: Home Birth Necessities
- Preparing For A Home Birth
- Preparing for a Home Birth
- Preparing the Nest – Getting Ready for Your Homebirth
- Emily Shares: Preparing for Home Birth