Choosing Your Destination
The first step to planning your vacation seems simple on the surface, but actually may be a bit more difficult than you anticipated. Choosing the perfect vacation destination requires you to find one that will satisfy the interests and needs of both kids and adults, which isn’t always easy. That’s why these five bloggers weigh in with their hints and tips for choosing the right destinations and accommodations.
- Tips for Choosing and Booking an All-Inclusive Resort Vacation
- Picking the Right Family Vacation Resort Hotel
- How to Choose a Destination for Family Travel
- How to Choose Your Next Family Vacation
- How To Choose Family Vacation Destinations and Vacation Packages
Best Ways to Travel with Kids
Depending on how far you’re planning to travel and the ages and needs of your kids, there are a variety of methods for making your way to your chosen destination. These five bloggers discuss a few of the most popular travel options, allowing you to weigh the merits and drawbacks.
- Debunking CNN’s Rules for Traveling with Kids
- Traveling with Toddlers
- Ways to Travel With a Child on a Plane
- Small Ship Family Cruises
- Flying with Babies, Toddlers and Kids
Preparations and Planning
The key to any successful venture, especially those that involve children, is careful and thorough planning. These five bloggers break down the best ways to ensure that you’re fully prepared and ready to embark on your family journey.
- Preparing your Kids for the Trip
- How to Prepare Kids for First-Time Travel
- Five Ways to Prepare Kids to Travel
- 7 Initial Steps: Planning To Travel With Children
- Planning a Family Vacation
Packing for the Trip
Unless you’re in possession of a magic, Mary Poppins-style bag, you’ll need to choose the items you intend to pack for your vacation very carefully. Striking the balance between packing light and packing with forethought can be a challenge, but these five bloggers can come to the rescue with their travel packing tips.
- What to Pack When Traveling With Young Kids
- Packing List: Essentials for Travel with Kids
- Kids Carry On Tips
- 10 Must-Have Items for Summer Getaways
- How to Pack for Kids: 6 Simple Tips
Diversions and Distractions
When you arrive at your destination, you’ll realize that how you judge the relative success of your journey will depend upon how well your kids are distracted from the tedium of travel and entertained during the less exciting bits. These five blogs offer great advice for ensuring that your brood doesn’t succumb to temper tantrums and fussiness borne of travel boredom.
- Car Games – Our Best Backseat Distractions
- Top 5 Car-Trip Distractions for Little Kids
- Flying With Kids: 7 Tips for In Flight Entertainment
- Kids’ Airport Diversion Guide
- Planning A Trip With Children? Diversions Make Journey Easier
Junior Jet Lag and Travel Exhaustion
Adults don’t have a corner on the jet lag market, so you’ll need to be prepared in advance to deal with the inevitable crankiness that accompanies exhaustion while dealing with your own case of jet lag. If you’re planning to skip across time zones with little ones in tow, these five blog entries are must-reads.
- Jet Lag Tips and Tricks
- Fighting Family Jet Lag During the Holidays
- Staving Off Junior Jet Lag
- Jet Lag Prevention
- Say “So-Long” to Jet Lag: 6 Tips on Avoiding Travel Fatigue