Here are some wonderful tips to help look after babies skin
- Be careful not to let baby over-heat, this can make them sweat, which can irritate the skin. As there is a greater difference between inside and outside temperatures during the winter months the best way to maintain baby’s temperature is through layering their clothes.
- Avoid the use of chemical loaded toiletries, certain ingredients commonly found in many mainstream products can dry the skin and cause irritation. SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulphate) added to achieve the bubbles that little ones love and found in most products in your bathroom cabinet is also used as an engine de-greaser! Instead choose organic and natural products which contain skin nourishing ingredients and plant proteins but still ‘bring on the bubbles’. We recommend you try our Scent Free Baby Wash & Shampoo, a super mild wash which is gentle on the skin and is suitable for those prone to eczema and skin allergies.
- After bath (and in the morning for those with really dry skin) massage baby with a gentle organic moisturiser, this is the best time to treat skin to a moisture boost as the cream will absorb whilst baby sleeps. Our recommendation is our Dry Skin Baby Lotion, a non-greasy, nutrient packed lotion which protects sensitive skin and soothes those prone to eczema.
- When out and about enjoying the winter snow, or for general winter skin protection for little faces try a rich, organic, water-resistant formula. We recommend our Mum & Baby Rescue Balm which is packed with organic goodness including Vitamin E to soothe skin and Shea Butter to tackle dryness. Its super-rich protective consistency blocks wind and cold weather whilst soothing and calming any irritation.
- Try to dress baby in natural fabrics rather than synthetic options, they let baby’s skin ‘breathe’. Avoid putting wool next to your baby’s skin as this can cause irritation and can worsen eczema.