PREP YOUR SKIN FOR PARTY SEASON With Bio2You Organic Skincare, enriched with super Seabuckthorn
Looking gorgeous starts with great skin, and organic skincare brand Bio2You have a range of products to help achieve flawless skin – so you can bin that heavy foundation and go natural instead!
And because skincare is so important, Bio2You is recommending that women indulge in pre-party pamper sessions this Christmas to ensure that skin is prepped, plumped and positively glowing.
Rita Strazinska, beauty expert and founder of Bio2You says: “The party season is a tough time for skin – it needs to cope with winter winds and chilly weather, overheated offices and shops, and the drying effect of central heating at home. Plus, extra alcohol consumption and rich food can contribute to blemishes, as well as overworking our livers, which as well as being detrimental to our health can lead to dull, lacklustre skin. Making time to pay special attention to your skin in the lead up to Christmas and New Year will pay off in the long run and leave you looking youthful and radiant.”
Here are Rita’s top tips for party perfect skin:
1. Cleanse your skin: Detoxing isn’t just for New Year – giving your skin a deep cleanse will help to eliminate toxins, minimising breakouts and improving the complexion. A good pre-party pamper session should start with a face scrub face to help get rid of dead, dry skin cells to boost moisture levels. Bio2You’s Organic Seabuckthorn Facial Scrub (£19.95 for 100ml), contains oil derived from Seabuckthorn berries, found in coastal areas in Northern Europe and Asia and packed with antioxidants to minimise free radical damage and purify the skin.
2. Drink plenty of water: Skincare starts from the inside, out, and hydration is key to good skin: drink at least eight pints of water a day to stop the skin from drying out. Your liver will also thank you, as drinking lots of water flushes out toxins (which can easily build up after several late nights of partying and drinking alcohol).
3. Fake a good night’s sleep: Puffy eyes and dark circles are a morning after no-no. Bio2You’s Organic Eye Contour Sea Buckthorn Cream (£24.95 for 15ml) contains seabuckthorn oil to enhance microcirculation, promote skin regeneration and hydration whilst strengthening the skin around the delicate eye area and minimising the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. A real wonder product for the party season, it also contains chamomile water to soothe and calm, shea butter to moisturise and honeysuckle to reduce skin inflammation – no one will ever know you didn’t get eight hours sleep the night before! Apply a small quantity around the eye area and pat gently onto skin in the morning and evening to prep the eye area ready for the party season.
4. Never forget to remove your make-up: No matter how late it is or how ‘merry’ you are when you get home, do your skin a favour and clean off your make up before falling into bed. It allows skin to breathe and recover before facing another day as well as reducing the chance of breaking out in spots due to clogged pores.
5. Moisturise, moisturise, moisturise: Although drinking water is key to hydration, our skin needs a little helping hand to get it looking radiant and feeling soft and smoothe. Bio2You’s Anti Ageing Cream with Hyaluronic Acid (£24.95 for 50ml) provides long-lasting moisture, nourishment, protection and rejuvenation. It contains hyaluronic acid to hydrate the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, Vitamin E and Argan Oil to moisturise and of course, Seabuckthorn oil to regenerate.
Bio2You proucts are free from parabens, SLS and synthetic ingredients, so you can look good, naturally.
www.remedynaturalproducts.co.uk and independent health and beauty stores nationwide
Seabuckthorn is a deciduous and spiny shrub, typically found growing in coastal locations, which produces vivid orange berries with a high nutritional content. Seabuckthorn has been used for centuries in traditional Chinese medicine, and has a strengthening body of research supporting its use as a nutrient-rich topical skin treatment.
Containing more than 10 times the vitamin C of an orange, the presence of Seabuckthorn within the Bio2You range can help to promote collagen production, protect the skin’s cells and structure from UV-related damage, strengthen the skin’s barrier response and reduce inflammation.
Seabuckthorn also has applications as a treatment for burns, scalds, inflammation and infection.
Products in the Bio2You range were recently ‘commended’ in the 2013 FreeFrom Skincare Awards. Visit www.skinsmatter.com for further information.